Park West at Lions Gate Presale - Likely On Sale In June/July!
- 23-storey and 19-storey condo buildings.
- 263 condos between both buildings.
- 6000 sq.ft. restaurant and 31,000 sq.ft of other commercial space.
- Amazing city views and views of Lions Gate Bridge.
- 415 parking spaces.
- No expected completion date yet. I'd be shocked if it was earlier than 2020. My best guess is the towers will complete in 2021, or early 2022.
Developer / Architect
Pacific Gate Investments - Initially
Pacific Gate Investments is a well-regarded developer that has been in business for over 50 years.
On April 19, 2018, Pacesetter marketing emailed this message:
"We would like to inform you that Park West at Lions Gate has been purchased by a Vancouver-based development group. To allow for the transition in ownership to take place, the Park West presentation centre will close temporarily and will re-open for appointments commencing in June. We look forward to announcing more details in the coming weeks.
Preview appointments were launched last week to great success, and the Park West sales team has been busy responding to the overwhelming interest in Park West's luxurious interiors and exceptional resort-style amenities. If you did not get the chance to tour the presentation centre during this time, you will be offered the opportunity to book an appointment in June."
It is currently unknown what development group has taken over.
Established in 1983. Rafii Architects is a Vancouver based firm with many projects in BC, Alberta, and the USA.
Insight Design Group
Interior design done by Insight Design Group. They have been in business since 1995
Marketed by Pacesetter LTD.
- Piano lounge
- Gathering room
- Billiards room
- Drawing room
- Outdoor pool and deck
- Hot tub
- TV lounge
- Chef’s kitchen
- Fitness area
- Retail space has designated area for a small grocery store, restaurant, and daycare
Location - Lions Gate Village
- Park West will be on the current site of the Grouse Inn.
- The master plan for the community is part of "Lions Gate Village" (also referenced as the "Lower Capilano Village Plan" by the District of North Vancouver).
- Brand new Community Centre as part of the plan for Lions Gate Village. According to a presentation that I went to, with speaker Richard Walton (the Mayor of District of North Vancouver) on May 12th, this Community Centre should be built by the time this development is completed.
- Several small parks in the surrounding area with many accessible trails.
Located Next Door to a Similar Development by Darwin Construction
A side note: the Lower Capilano Village Plan also includes quite a few other developments including a 26-storey condo building (with 147-condos) by developer Darwin Construction. This other development will be on the site of the Earls, Denny's and the Travel Lodge. This project is entirely separate from the "Park West" project. Little information is currently available on this other project, but be sure to sign up for my email list for updates in the future.
Link to the master plan developed by the District of North Vancouver's (DNV) planning department. https://www.dnv.org/sites/default/files/edocs/lower-capilano-village-centre-implementation-plan.pdf
Pricing / Floorplans
Pricing and floorplans not yet released. I will update this blog posting as soon as this information comes available. Pricing likely to be announced on April 10th, 2018, I'd expect the lower units to be around $1200/sqft, with higher units going for around $2000/sqft (please note that this is only my best guess and should not be relied on).